wifi printer

daisy2bell 09:12 14 Oct 08

Hi

I am looking to purchase a new printer which has wifi capability, so that I can print from any computer wherever I am in the house.

I don't want a photo printer, but one which produces excellent quality documents and reasonable quality photos to use in these documents.
I know I could probably do a search, but I want recommendations from users.
Thanks

Technotiger 09:34 14 Oct 08

Although I have not used this particular printer, I have Always used Epson printers, so with that in mind, I have no hesitation in recommending ...

click here

setecio 11:38 14 Oct 08

I'd go with this new beast
click here

daisy2bell 14:46 14 Oct 08

Thanks Technotiger and setecio.

These two look good.
I must say that I have also always used epson.

I'll keep this open a bit longer in case of other replies.

Technotiger 14:50 14 Oct 08

I thought that this particular aspect (from my link) would appeal to you ...

The unique new Dual Black Ink Cartridge System, together with the new print head, optimize the printer for black text printing, giving a market-leading print speed of 37 ppm in black and white draft mode, and 25 ppm in "Business quality" normal mode. This is comparable to laser printers and double the speed of inkjet competitors.

The Stylus D120 has a Dual Black Ink cartridge System and High Capacity Black Ink Cartridges. Combined, this offers an even higher yield to those users printing high volumes of black text-based documents, common for office and business application. With the High Capacity Black Ink twin pack, the Stylus D120 is capable of 740 page yield (ISO Yield) thus removing the need to frequently change the ink cartridges.

Fried~Chips 14:55 14 Oct 08

before making your choice. Epson not a problem at £10 a full set of compatibles from phoenix.

daisy2bell 15:02 14 Oct 08

Thanks Technotiger for that interesting write up.
I'll take a closer look at it.

Thanks Fried~Chips for that. I usually get my ink from ink2u, but will have a look at phoenix.

daisy2bell 09:17 16 Oct 08

Technotiger
I just had a look at ink prices on the ink2u.com site for this printer from your link
Epson Stylus D120 Network Edition .
A complete set of ink for £19.95.
Now that is cheap.

It looks as if I will be getting one of these.

Technotiger 11:39 16 Oct 08

I am sure you will not regret it. Cheers.

daisy2bell 15:23 16 Oct 08

I have owned and still own Epson printers. My first one ( a stylus 760) lasted just over 10 years, and my second( a stylus photo 890) one is about 5 years old.

One very satisfied epson customer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…