WiFi and Powerline Ethernet problem

interzone55 22:47 PM 17 Feb 12

At home I have a Zyxel 802.11n router with a laptop and printer connected by WiFi, there's also a wired connection to a NAS.

The router is plugged into a powerline ethernet adapter.

In the other part of the house is a secont powerline ethernet adaptor which is linked to a Zyxel gigabit ethernet switch.

Off the switch is a PC and CCTV DVR.

I can see the printer & NAS from the laptop, but I can't ping the PC or DVR from the laptop when connected by WiFi or cabled to the router, but if I connect the laptop to the switch I can see everything on the network.

I've come to the conclusion that the powerline adaptors are somehow blocking communication, although the PC can see the printer and connect to the net.

both the PC & laptop are running Windows 7 home

sharpamat 08:47 AM 18 Feb 12

I foud the easy way to overcome this was to replace the adaptors and used an extension ethernet cable I used a 15m but can obtain longer ( purchased from local tv shop ) run from downstairs to upstairs. My results were full speeds without any loss of signal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…