wifi keyboard problems

sputnick 10:33 05 Aug 10

I have a Medion Wifi keyboard and up until I did a W7 reinstall recently all the functions worked but now I cant get the music player,favourites, email and internet home key to work.
I have tried the Aldi Medion support website but no help there.
When I first installed it I didnt need any software. It worked straight from W7.

Any suggestions please.

birdface 12:04 05 Aug 10

Probably lost most drivers for it.
Try device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks on it.

woodchip 12:42 05 Aug 10

First let just get this right, there are no such things a WiFi Keyboard. Its a Wireless keyboard that you are on about. WiFi is only a Means built into the PC that allows you to connect to a Router and the internet

woodchip 12:47 05 Aug 10

Use a Wired Keyboard to Setup the Wireless one. You can have the USB one plugged in, and plug a PS/2 Keyboard in. Then go to device manager Uninstall all USB down on the left the restart your computer, or if you see a USB with yellow or other colour icon click it the press uninstall button restart computer without the USB keyboard connected when its going plug the keyboard back in

Graphicool1 12:50 05 Aug 10

Click on 'My Computer'
Right click C: (your OS drive)
In menu click 'Properties'
Click the 'Tools' tab
Under 'Error Checking' click 'Check Now'
click the box next to...
'Automatically Fix File System Errors'
Click 'Start'
A notice will say it can't do it until the next time you boot. Click 'Yes' and reboot

and or this...

Click 'Start'
Click 'Run'
Type or cut & paste...

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

(If you decide to cut and paste be aware of the spaces. It's better if you cut and paste.)
Cick 'OK' or press 'Enter' on the keyboard.

This bit of code re-registers all 'Direct Link Library' (dll) objects.

sputnick 17:06 05 Aug 10

Thanks for replies.
Tried both solutions but still no luck.
PS2 keyboard works ok with multimedia keys but not wireless.
If I use both keyboards together one shows up as standard PS2 keyboard and the other as HID keyboard.
I`m wondering if the receiver is at fault.

Icky 17:27 05 Aug 10

I'm also using a Medion wireless keyboard with Windows 7. Sometimes the Shift key stops working and I've found that if I remove the batteries, clean the contacts and then replace the batteries and press the connect button underneath the keyboard, all is OK. Perhaps that's worth trying.

woodchip 21:46 05 Aug 10

In Device Manager right click the Hid Keyboard and choose uninstall then after it removes it, pull the USB keyboard dongle out, restart the pc then after its sorted its self plug the dongle back in and try it

sputnick 10:56 06 Aug 10

Tried lastest suggestion but still no luck.
Have emailed Medion but won`t expect much help.
I can`t understand why some of the MM keys work but not others.
I might try dismantling the keyboard and clean contacts but I don`t think it`s that.

woodchip 12:13 06 Aug 10

You cannot clean Contacts as the track is carbon. It may have just worn out if you use the keys that are not working a lot

sputnick 12:29 07 Aug 10

Tried the wireles keyboard and mouse on laptop and everything works fine.
Must be something to do with the W7 installed driver.
I don`t know if there is a driver available from MS.to replace what I`ve got.
I`ve already tried uninstalling HID driver and updating driver.
Seems like it only happened after reinstall but I don`t what to go through that all again.
I don`t have any yellow asterisks etc in device manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5