Wifi Internet fine on one computer & not on other

rohitdar 00:43 08 Nov 07

I have a Fujitsu Windows vista laptop which is wifi connected and works fine with internet. I want to send it for warranty keyboard repair and tried to set up my old compaq presario machine to use during the 2 week repair time.

my compaq detects wifi connection and gets a good connection, but there is no internet connection. please help me.

HCOOH 11:41 08 Nov 07

Do you need to enter a security key?

rohitdar 14:18 08 Nov 07

Yes there is a 10 digit key that I entered in both computer. Both computers connect to the wifi with a good connection, but Compaq doesn't have internet, while fujitsu has internet. I did an ipconfig as mentioned in some other posts on this forum...compaq doesn't have any ip address or default gateway.

I tries ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew as per some posts... Ipconfig /release worked fine, but renew gets timed out.It say

An error occured while eceiving interface Wireless Network Connection : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out

Ashrich 22:35 08 Nov 07

What operating system is the Compaq using ?

Ashley

rohitdar 23:50 08 Nov 07

Compaq has windows xp and Fujitsu has windows vista

Ashrich 21:43 09 Nov 07

Try these two fixes , they might just help . Open a command prompt ( as you did for the ipconfig/release/renew ) and type ..netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press enter , then again type ..netsh winsock reset catalog , and press enter again , reboot the system and see if that helps.

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac