WiFi Hype

kentylad 17:22 05 Jun 03

Now just recently WiFi has been on every boffins lips, but I am a little unclear as to its capabilities.

I have read this thread click here
and it is a little clearer, however I was wondering how I would go about networking several computers.

I would like to network 2 PC's and one laptop. I dont have the laptop yet and I am currently sharing a broadband connection via Ethernet over 2 PC's (P2P Network). I am also sharing files and printers over this network.

Can I still share broadband, printers and files/folders using WiFi? How would i set up a WiFi network using the 3 PC's?

A diagramatic representation would go a-miss!!

Thanx in advance

Nick

barrie_g 18:50 05 Jun 03

click here and see if this is of any use.

kentylad 08:29 06 Jun 03

So, in my case I will need a Wireless Router connected to my host PC, with the laptop having a PCMCIA wireless adapter and the PC a PCI adapter?

So, in my case I will need a Wireless Router connected to my host PC, with the laptop having a PCMCIA wireless adapter and the PC a PCI adapter?

Oh, and the cable modem attached to the router also?

kentylad 14:50 06 Jun 03

Right I'm still confused as to my setup.

I have just been reading a magazine in which there are Wireless access points and wireless brodband routers.....which would I need, or is there one by which it uses both functions?

Regards

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…