Wifi Help

ashleycardwell94 17:30 PM 14 Apr 11

I am loving the new site design!

Anyway: I have a sky broadband and i want to connect a cable broadband router to it to boost my wifi range. This is fine and works well. BUT, i have 2 netbook's, running windows 7 home premium. Both identical AOA150's. My xp laptop and netbook 1 ( il just call the working one this ) can both see the network no problem and connect without any hassle. Netbook 2 cannot even see the network. it picky up my 2 other wifi routers, but not the dlink router. what could this be?

I have tried hard resetting the router to no avail. I'm stumped, it works with everything else, its an 802.11 g/b router running on channel 1. Still, no connection. Any tips?

Ashrich 17:50 PM 14 Apr 11

Have you tried removing the existing wireless profile from Netbook 2 ?

Try that then rescan for wireless networks , see if you can find it then .

ashleycardwell94 17:56 PM 14 Apr 11

Thanks, i have removed the profile, adding the network manually, and also cloning the mac address of a working router, but still no. I am just doing a windows update on the adapter but netbook 1 i have only just installed windows 7 and it works.

thanks for the help though. if you think of anything else, dont hesitate to respond.

ashleycardwell94 19:55 PM 14 Apr 11

An update to the wifi card on netbook 2 was done and the network now appears. Don't know why, it just does!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…