Wifi gets disconnected frequently connected by laptop, works great when connected by mobile

ajin.nair 11:05 25 May 13

Hi, I have a iBall-baton router, i did the wifi setup for the same. The setup seems fair and works great when connected through mobile. The problem lies when i connect through my laptop, its gets disconnected every 2 mins and i have to reconnect again and its works normal for another few mins and then again goes off. I googled a lot and found that windows 8 machines look for other/better wifi networks, and that maybe the reason of disconnection mobiles are able to handle this.

Please suggest me a way wherein i can make this wifi as the default and stop windows from searching for networks.

I hope my query is clear, i am not sure if this should go in this group or the windows 8 help group, please do the needful if i have posted in the wrong group.

Expecting a solution coz i believe many might have faced this issue before.

Thanks in advance, Ajin

onthelimit1 12:32 25 May 13

I would suspect the wireless adaptor in the laptop. Quite cheap to try something like this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…