Wifi Extender instalation Internet Explorer will not find wesite

eky12 11:30 AM 27 Jan 13

Hi Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to install a Wifi Extender, the instruction say plug it in to an electric socket near the router & search for the available WiFi networks in the area and connect to Edimax_Extender in Windows7 click on Connect the network without setting it up, Now open your we browser Internet Exploere and put http://extender643B7C int the address bar. This as far as I can get Internet Explorer will not find the web site. I was using Int Exp 9, So I uninstalled it and tried Int Exp 8 But it will not find the web site. I am using Windows 7 on a Dell Laptop with Plusnet Broadband and a Thomsom router. I have AVG and Malwarebytes. Many thanks eky12.

SillBill 11:35 AM 27 Jan 13

Not sure if this will help but a on a previous thread the advice was to connect both the extender and the router with a CABLE before progressing.

difarn 12:04 PM 27 Jan 13

You could try to enter the IP address of your extender into the address bar - there is a short video on youtube that says this is an alternative method and it should be 192.168.2.2

eky12 12:04 PM 27 Jan 13

Sorry have tried this, The problem is with Internet Explorer I was told the problem was with Java so I uninstalled it but Int Exp will still not find this site, Just getting Int Exp cannot display this Web page.

difarn 12:37 PM 27 Jan 13

Does it have to be Internet Explorer. Have you tried another browser?

difarn 12:56 PM 27 Jan 13

Just a thought, when you are trying to access the log-in page do you have your Edimax connected to your PC via ethernet cable?

eky12 15:41 PM 27 Jan 13

Yes it only works with Int Expl

eky12 15:42 PM 27 Jan 13

No I am following instructions to install it wifi.

difarn 16:07 PM 27 Jan 13

I have read that to access the log-in page you need to have your pc connected by ethernet that is why I asked. I assume when you have managed to get onto the log-in pages that some form of enabling will take place.

eky12 09:16 AM 29 Jan 13

Many thanks for the youtube video tried to follow it, Got as far as connecting to network and a box comes up saying windows cannot connect to edimax_extender.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites