Wifi extender help needed for use on holiday

Coffpigeon 01:00 05 Jun 14

Hi, every year I take the family to our apartment complex in Turkey. When we arrive the owner of the complex allows us to use his wifi for a small fee (via a password). We all use iPads and the wifi signal can just about reach our own balcony (which is fine) but when we go inside we lose completely lose connection.

Is there a device we can use that will give us connection when we move away from the balcony and go inside, and if so can it be done easily without messing around with the owners equipment. Also will such a device work with our iPads.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, thanks.

alanrwood 10:39 05 Jun 14

A range extender should do what you want. Plenty around but make sure you get one with a European plug.

Coffpigeon 20:36 05 Jun 14

Cheers, I will be looking to buy here in UK before I travel.

So if I've got this right I'll just need to plug it in and position the extender on the balcony (where the signal is ok) and it will automatically talk to my ipad, allowing me to use internet inside?

alanrwood 09:17 06 Jun 14

Yes but check the specs before you buy to make sure it is a range extender by WiFi and that you don't need to connect it to the source by ethernet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…