WiFi / ethernet conflict

Dave1947 17:04 10 Jan 14

Hi, Sorry if this is a question already covered, have had a search and can't find it.. I purchased a Huawei repeater to extend my wifi network, works fine with my tablet, gdaughters ipad etc, but my pc is connected to the router by Ethernet and immediately loses internet access when the repeater fires up. Is it possible to have the desktop on ethernet plus tablet on wifi at the same time? Not new to computers but new to wifi Dave

alanrwood 21:35 10 Jan 14

Yes it is possible. Does your computer have a radio network card or facility, if so disable the wifi on it so as not to conflict.

Dave1947 18:29 14 Jan 14

Thanks Alan, sorry for the delay in replying, we've been away for a few days. I don't have a WiFi card in the PC, so I'll try digging through some of the settings. (Windows 7 Premium by the way) Dave

alanrwood 19:14 14 Jan 14

OK. Let us know what you find. A couple of things to mncheck.

1 Is the router set to act as a DNS Server. 2. Are all the computers set up to obtain IP and DNS automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…