wifi driver problem

fishfingers 19:01 04 Dec 06

I have an Advent 7065 laptop and recently had to have it formatted and windows XP re-installed. I had it done at my local computer repair shop but when it came to getting the driver for the wireless connection they could not get one. The wireless driver needed is a prism, can anyone help?

Technotiger 19:03 04 Dec 06
  fishfingers 19:47 04 Dec 06

Looked on here can't see driver for the wireless prism only the ethernet driver. Not that clued up though might have missed it.

ed-0 19:51 04 Dec 06

try this driver click here

Technotiger 19:51 04 Dec 06

Perhaps you can find it among this lot ...

click here

Good luck

fishfingers 20:29 04 Dec 06

I can't sort it, some just will not download and don't really know what I'm doing.

ed-0 20:32 04 Dec 06

they are 2 drivers to try in this folder I have uploaded for you. click here

try them individually.

Dipso 21:06 04 Dec 06

I've had problems with this driver search in the past.

Try ed-O's link and let me know if you still have problems and I'll point you to another source.

fishfingers 21:09 04 Dec 06

Think I will have to get someone to have a look at it, tried to sort it but no joy. I have downloaded the drivers from ed-o but just dont know how to do it. I bought a usb wirless today I have this running but its just an unnescessary add on.
Thanks guy's for the help.

ed-0 21:16 04 Dec 06

Set a restore point on the computer.

Unzip the two files to a folder on the desktop.

Select the first file, open the folder and click on the setup tab. Check in control panel > network connections > see if there is a wireless network connection icon.

If not, wind back system restore and try the other driver.

fishfingers 21:23 04 Dec 06

Done that but I just get the usb wireless connection showing, should I disable this first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…