Wifi Connectivity and Latop Inconsistency

tnvikram 20:45 10 Nov 08

I have two laptops, DELL Latitude D810, and the other Packard Bell. The wifi modem is 7 meters from my room, and DELL has no problem connecting with it. But Packard Bell connects very feebly at this range, and most of the time it fails to recognize or even connect. However at the close distance to the modem, it works as good as DELL. What should I do to make the Wifi work in PAckard Bell Laptop as good as the one in DELL? Thanks in advance....

mgmcc 11:31 11 Nov 08

Try changing the Channel number that the router broadcasts on, by going into its wireless settings. The default setting is usually either "6" or "11" so try one of these, or the other of these if already on 6 or 11.

Avoid 12 and 13 as some wireless adapters are designed not to connect on these frequencies (which are not legal in some other countries). Also avoid 1 and 2 which many other wireless devices, such as mobile & cordless phones, tend to use.

tnvikram 11:50 11 Nov 08

Hi mgmcc, I will try this soon and will reply back about the status

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…