WiFi connectivity issue - Windows 8/ Sony Vaio

tuhin777 14:33 10 Jun 13

I am having a big trouble whereby I am unable to access internet via WiFi on my laptop(Vaio S Series - Windows 8 Single language), however my android tablet and mobile connect and work fine. 1. Most times the wifi says "unable to connect" 2. Sometimes it does get connected, but the speed is very less(worse than dialup) and then it also gets disconnected after a while 3. Intermittently the message is shown in the connectivity area that "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" 4. I went through various forums and tried forgetting the connection and reconnecting, changing settings to "Open" and "WEP", manually connecting through new connection wizard, but to no avail. I would be really grateful if someone can suggest any other method. I know the WiFi itself is not the issue as it connects fine on my mobile and tablet.

jaywoo 19:15 10 Jun 13

Are you using wireless software that came pre-installed on the laptop, or Windows' built-in wifi management?

tuhin777 19:41 10 Jun 13

The prebuilt one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…