WiFi Connection keeps dropping, but resumes after manual reconnect.

Pogfamous 18:09 28 Apr 15

As of the past month, my internet connection would drop evrry 10 minutes or so. However after manually disconnecting and reconnecting, my connection would be fine again for another 10 minutes or so. I am positive this is an issue with my PC as it is the only device affected in the household. I have also used the same PC round another person's house but the same error seemed to occur. I have since tried to rectify the problem by changing wireless card, but the same problem still arises.Is there anything I can do to find out what it is with my PC that is the issue? (software or hardware). Help of any form would be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:18 28 Apr 15

Go into device manager - select the wireless -card right click select properties - power tab - untick "allow the computer to turn off ..." click apply (ok)

Pogfamous 18:27 28 Apr 15

Thanks fruit bat. I have done so and am waiting for results.

Pogfamous 18:33 28 Apr 15

literally as I started typing this I disconnected. There seems to be a correlation between when I disconnect and when i'm using the most data. I never seem to disconnect when idle, but as soon as I stream through a service such as twitch, youtube or a game client, I disconnect. Trouble is, I don't have enough knowledge in order to fix it, even though I think I know what's causing the issue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017