WIFI conncetion OMG help!

paulbradford 12:41 08 Apr 06

OK, this has probably been asked many time but I need to ask again!
I currently have a desktop PC connected to Tiscali Broadband via a SAGEM [email protected] 800-840. I have also just bought a laptop with centrino WIFI, which hasbeen proven to work in a hotel.
However at home I cannot locate any connection on the laptop, and dont know how to connect to my broadband using the laptop wireless tech.
Ive seen talk of routers and stuff but dont know if thats what I need and indeed hw I set it up! I am total computer virgin and just about know how to defrag!!
So any help would be very much appreciated!!!

dms05 12:55 08 Apr 06

The SAGEM [email protected] 800-840 is infact two models, the 800 and the 840. Neither have any Wireless capability so you cannot connect to them with your laptop.

You would probably be best buying a Wireless capable ADSL Router and replacing your Sagem. You could then use the WiFi on your laptop to connect to the wireless on your Router whilst your desktop would continue to connect through a LAN cable (I suspect you currently connect through your USB).

Lots of Wireless Routers are available click here to see some alternatives.

paulbradford 12:58 08 Apr 06

ah thatll be why then!.. cheers for that ill pop out and get one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…