wifi card will not turn on radio.

blue23 23:51 11 Nov 04

hi all

I have a toshiba satellite s2340-402. this came with a mini pci port but no card when i got the laptop. I have since got a mini pci wifi card. a intel wireless 2100. I did not have software for the card and so have downloaded this from intel. all was going well, but each time my computer starts i am told that the card is not connected. when looking at the little bit of software you get, its says that the radio off. i have a button on my laptop to turn the wifi off but this does not do anything and i can not get it to turn on using the software ether. =[

any advice and help would be very good thanx

blue23 15:34 15 Nov 04

ok i have found that its my laptop that is turning off the mini pci card. i also now know that i need to put a little bit of tap over one or more of the connection pin/pins to stop this and then use the software with the card to turn on the signal.

do any of you fine people know which one before i start trying them one by one??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…