Wifi Card Not Working

ZeroKirbyX 04:07 01 Aug 07

So, I have an Aspire 5003 laptop that came from the facotory with a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter built-in to it. I haven't been able to use it for about 2 months, but when I got it back, it picks up on no wifi signals. While visiting my dad his laptop was picking up signals in hotel parking lots and at his rv park, but mine didn't get a signal on my card. However, when I plugged in an external network card, it picked up the signals as did his laptops factory card. Any idea why my previously functioning network card no longer picks up signals? It can still be enabled, so I was wondering if it just broke somewhere?

ambra4 05:18 01 Aug 07

You must first make sure that you disable the wireless network card

And then push the button switch on the front edge of the notebook it is a hardware switch.

If it doesn't work the first time, push the switch and try again.

You don't get any indication of the wireless state

The light in the switch work to indicate network traffic and just blinks

ZeroKirbyX 05:54 01 Aug 07

Shes a workin, bu that was it? Oh wow, I feel silly. Always wondered what that button was for, now I know, haha. Thanks for the tip friend. Make sure to do it next time.

ambra4 15:52 01 Aug 07

Don't forget to tick the solved box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…