WiFi with broadband help needed please!

Squeals 22:18 29 May 05

Have just gone on to Tiscali BB. Very happy with speed but not trailing cables so installed Belkin ADSL 125g router and 125g card.

New service started up called WinXPDisableConfigation.exe (correct spelling!). This took up 100% of processor. Have now disabled it, but what is it?

Also how do I set up the router with WEP (I'v etried once and ended up having to reset everything because it refused to talk to the computer (or vice versa)!

Any help gratefully received.

Squeals

woodchip 22:27 29 May 05

On your Laptop, When you use a Wireless Card you should go into Device Manager Double click on the Ethernet icon and you should only have Wireless Card Enabled. If there is two Ethernet's disable the onboard one

Taff36 22:29 29 May 05

A little mor information will be useful - the model of Belkin router and your operating system for a start.

Squeals 22:39 29 May 05

Thanks for quick replies.

Woodchip - am using a desktop so only have the once card - or do you mean the local 10/100 (which I have now disabled)?

Taff36 - Am using an Evesham AMD 2700+ with Windows XP SP1. Spybot. Sophos Anti-virus. Belkin part number F5D9014UK refers (see click here and search against item 10281070).

Thanks again

Squeals

woodchip 22:45 29 May 05

If you are using Wireless card, You have to disable Onboard Ethernet as above or it will not work. It will be looking at onboard Ethernet before the Wireless card

Squeals 22:48 29 May 05

Many thanks. Having disabled the application and ethernet card I now only need to resolve the security element.

Squeals

Taff36 23:17 29 May 05

The link you gave me doesn`t actually give me a model number that I can use on the Belkin Site. Can you see one on the back of the router or look on the manual supplied with the product. I can then see a copy of the "destructions"

Taff36 23:27 29 May 05
  Taff36 23:41 29 May 05

Download the guide if you haven`t got one with the package. Turn to page 44 and off you go! Very simple to follow. Choose WEP or WPA (More secure) but post back if you run into problems.

Squeals 16:27 30 May 05

Many thanks for all your help. Sorry didn't respond earlier - gardening beckoned today!!

Will try setting up security again using the Belkin online guide and if at first I don't succeed just try again.

Regards

Squeals

Taff36 16:33 30 May 05

Yes me to - Painting a pergola. Have a go and if you get stuck post back later this evening. I`ve downloaded a copy of the manual and I`m pretty confident I can talk you through it by referring to the pages of the manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…