WiFi with Belkin ADSL router/modem

Squeals 22:23 18 Oct 05

Have got a wireless connection to broadband set up. Main PC connects fine, if sometimes slow (currently 80Mbps). Second PC in separate building less than 10-15 metres from router does not find network at all. House walls up to 2ft thick.

Would an aerial booster (like click here ) help? If so do I need to take any further security precautions to protect my "network"?

Taff36 23:30 20 Oct 05

I think they probably would but 2 foot thick walls may be difficult. I think yoou shold consider click here If you can position something like this in "Line of sight" between both PC`s (or behind thinner walls!) it may establish the connection.

Otherwise I would suggest either running an ethernet cable from one buildin to the other and connecting it directly to the router or cable again just into the building and attaching the repeater to it. I`ve never had to do this but if FE`s around he has given advice on this type of arrangement before.

Squeals 22:07 21 Oct 05

Thanks for that suggestion. Will probably go with hard wire connection, just a shame I'd shelled out on a new WiFi card!! Still, means I've got a spare.

All the best

Simon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…