WIFI? ASK A SILLY QUESTION?

mad1234 13:15 09 Aug 06

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WIFI TO ME?
I KNOW IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH WIRELESS INTERNET BUT CAN ANY PC USE WIFI OR DO YOU HAVE TO GET A WIFI CARD OR SOMETHING?

Jimmy14 13:24 09 Aug 06

mostly all new laptops these days come with Wireless Fidelity built in, 802.11b/g. Desktops you have to buy a network card to have wireless in it.

Below I have gave you two more links to extra information on Wi-fi and all about it. Above was just a brief definition on what type of computers have it.
click here
click here

James

Stuartli 13:25 09 Aug 06

No need to use capitals - it's regarded as SHOUTING...:-)

See:

click here

and use the links from the ADSL tab in the left hand menu.

mad1234 13:35 09 Aug 06

Stuartli

sorry i use capitols wihen working & sometimes i forget to take the capslock off

mad1234 13:51 09 Aug 06

ok thanks for that guys
i have a wireless network card on my laptop is it automatically compatible with wifi or would i have to get another one that says it has wifi

mad1234 14:58 09 Aug 06

anyone?

mad1234 16:15 09 Aug 06

have had another look at the links Stuartli & Jimmy14 gave me & this time i took time to look properly at them (couldn't before)

thanks for the info!!

gel 17:46 09 Aug 06

hELLO
rEGARDING cAPITALS iT IS THE the thing that has anoid me most since having a PC.
I type without looking up only to eventually find that I HAVE PRESSED the caps lock button.
How I wish a bell would ring when i Am using capitals
Sorry nothing to do with 'WIFI? ASK A SILLY QUESTION
How I wish I had been taught touch typing!
gel

ed-0 18:41 09 Aug 06

" i have a wireless network card on my laptop is it automatically compatible with wifi "

yes.

Make and model of laptop?

Tim1964 19:12 09 Aug 06

gel,

Look under Accessibility Options' in Control panel. Activate Toggle keys, this will sound a beep when the Caps lock is pressed.

gel 17:45 11 Aug 06

Hello Tim1964 and thank you very much-It works.
Cheers
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009