Wierd Noise

GuZ><0r 19:07 17 Nov 05

For some reason a warning noise or somehting keeps on sopunding. Its like a sort of "DUNG". But there is no real pattern that I can think of, as it happens. It just randomly sounds and its getting rather distracting. It happens when I am playing a game and just now, it happened a short period after I re-started my computer. Does anyone know what it could be and how to get rid of it.

johnnyrocker 19:20 17 Nov 05

have you got a pop up stopper?

johnny,

GuZ><0r 19:29 17 Nov 05

Yes I do. But it happens when I have no IE windows open.

johnnyrocker 19:42 17 Nov 05

try consulting error logs for info? must be a warning of some kind or else maybe a mail alert?

johnny.

GuZ><0r 20:15 17 Nov 05

How do I get the mail logs? Thanks.

GuZ><0r 20:16 17 Nov 05

Sorry I meant error

VoG II 20:17 17 Nov 05

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

GuZ><0r 20:21 17 Nov 05

I have just looked and there are quite a few errors with the name 'IPNATHLP' Can anyone tell me what this means and what I should do about it.

GuZ><0r 20:32 17 Nov 05

Just getting it to the top because I really do need help with this. Also the 'IPNATHLP' was in the System file. I also have lots of warnings for 'MsiInstaller' in the Application file.

VoG II 20:35 17 Nov 05

If you click on the IPNATHLP message you should get more details. As far as I can see this is related to networking.

MsiInstaller is the Windows Installer - have you been having problems installing anything?

GuZ><0r 20:36 17 Nov 05

I haven't actually tried to install anything for a while but they are pretty recent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…