Wierd Noise

GuZ><0r 19:07 17 Nov 05

For some reason a warning noise or somehting keeps on sopunding. Its like a sort of "DUNG". But there is no real pattern that I can think of, as it happens. It just randomly sounds and its getting rather distracting. It happens when I am playing a game and just now, it happened a short period after I re-started my computer. Does anyone know what it could be and how to get rid of it.

johnnyrocker 19:20 17 Nov 05

have you got a pop up stopper?

johnny,

GuZ><0r 19:29 17 Nov 05

Yes I do. But it happens when I have no IE windows open.

johnnyrocker 19:42 17 Nov 05

try consulting error logs for info? must be a warning of some kind or else maybe a mail alert?

johnny.

GuZ><0r 20:15 17 Nov 05

How do I get the mail logs? Thanks.

GuZ><0r 20:16 17 Nov 05

Sorry I meant error

VoG II 20:17 17 Nov 05

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

GuZ><0r 20:21 17 Nov 05

I have just looked and there are quite a few errors with the name 'IPNATHLP' Can anyone tell me what this means and what I should do about it.

GuZ><0r 20:32 17 Nov 05

Just getting it to the top because I really do need help with this. Also the 'IPNATHLP' was in the System file. I also have lots of warnings for 'MsiInstaller' in the Application file.

VoG II 20:35 17 Nov 05

If you click on the IPNATHLP message you should get more details. As far as I can see this is related to networking.

MsiInstaller is the Windows Installer - have you been having problems installing anything?

GuZ><0r 20:36 17 Nov 05

I haven't actually tried to install anything for a while but they are pretty recent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…