Width of task bar

Mandrake123 08:51 11 Feb 04

My task bar is at least an inch wide, which means it occupies a fair proportion of the screen. I use Windows XP Pro, and prior to it becoming wide I altered the screen dimensions, but try as I can I can't seem to return it to is orginal thickness, or depth (whatever you call it). Can anyone suggest a solution. Many thanks. Mandrake123

scotty 09:00 11 Feb 04

When you position the mouse pointer over the upper border of the task bar (move from the bottom of the screen up to the border) you should see a vertical double arrow. Hold down the left mouse button and you can then drag the border to make the task bar larger or smaller.

Sir Radfordin 09:00 11 Feb 04

If you have it at the bottom of the screen then hover the mouse over the top edge of the taskbar and it should turn to a double-headed arrow. Click and drag until the taskbar returns to normal size.

If you are unable to do this then right click on an area of the task bar that doesn't have any icons in it and make sure the "Lock Taskbar" option from the menu isn't ticked.

Mandrake123 16:37 11 Feb 04

I had already tried both these suggestions without success, anything else I could try?

Sir Radfordin 17:00 11 Feb 04

Do you mean an inch wide or an inch high?

If you have it up the vertical edge of the screen then it doesn't go any smaller than approx 1 inch in width.

Just noticed if you have it in the vertical position (on my computer at least) the start button no longer has any text on it :S

roy 17:08 11 Feb 04

Right click on the taskbar and if 'lock the taskbar' is ticked then untick it.

You should then be able to adjust its depth as per scotty.

If this works for you you can the n lock the taskbar again if you wish to do.

Taw® 17:56 11 Feb 04

click here follow the info under Taw

Mandrake123 22:32 11 Feb 04

You're a bloody genius, many thanks. Who would have thought? Have a nice day.

roy 22:53 11 Feb 04

Well, perhaps it wasn't too clear but that is what I said or meant. Glad it worked.

Sir Radfordin 23:16 11 Feb 04

/Stunned Silence/ just goes to show how one person saying the same thing in a different way can suddenly help it all make sense!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…