Widows wont start

Hetti 12:44 09 May 06

After a scandisk win XP home, widows will not start I get a screen saying sorry for any inconvenience and a numer of options, safe mode, safe mode for network (or something similar),
last know working config, but no matter which I choose it just returns to the same screen and asks the same question,PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Stuartli 13:05 09 May 06

Perhaps using a version of Windows might help...:-)

If you have an XP disk, go into the Bios and Enable Boot from CD.

You can then Repair your operating system. See:

click here

on how to undertake the Repair (saves typing it all out).

FatboySlim71 13:06 09 May 06

Did scandisc find any missing files or corrupt files cause if it has, that would probably be the cause of the problem, personally though I wouldnt have thought that scandisc would have caused the PC not to boot.

Hetti 13:15 09 May 06

I was away from the PC when scandisk finished, my son said the PC restarted itself, so I did not see if any errors were found.
I do have windows disk, but Inm not at all technical and dont know how to procced after I insert the disk into drive, do I get prompted?

VoG II 13:18 09 May 06
  Jackcoms 13:20 09 May 06

Please stick to one thread click here

Hetti 13:50 09 May 06

Stuartli
Im a comlete novice
Ill try a repair later today , Does that mean when i put the XP disc in drive there will be an option to "enable to boot from CD" will this be an easy thing to do for someone who is no way technically minded?
I will get back here later today, to add to my PC problems I got to visit the dentist now:>(

Sorry jackcoms

VoG II 14:01 09 May 06

PLease study this click here carefully. It contains a link on how to enable booting from the Windows CD - you have to do that step first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now