Widow update will not install

Miss Happy 11:37 26 Oct 07

I have been unable to install the windows updates for months. The download goes ok (19 security & system updates now), but the install fails each time!

Has anyone else had the same problem with any kind of 'fix' or an alternative download site to MS update? All my software is Legal and properly registered, so that is not the problem. I have tried searching for answers many times on MS & googling, but other than very complicated 'fixes' for maybe not this problem, I cannot find a solution. I have tried downloading updates individualy, that did not work either!

Thanks.

VoG II 11:53 26 Oct 07

Try this click here

Miss Happy 12:00 26 Oct 07

Thanks VoG but I cannot get the webpage from fileforum will not open, is the link working?

I was looking at dial-a-fix aswell but could not find a site to download it from without a lot of other software/installers.

Miss Happy 12:07 26 Oct 07

Hi VoG, just done search at fileforum for file number you give and it has come up as 'windows update repair tool', I will try installing it and let you know how I get on, thanks for your help and I hope the solution.
Downloaded .exe file ok, off to try now!

Miss Happy 12:44 26 Oct 07

Hi again, VoG. I installed + ran the update repair tool, then restarted pc, went to MS update site and site this time, before it searched updates, said it was unable to install the updates!

Back to square 1, though I did read on the 'update repair site, something about problems with the repair update software and IE v7 - I have v7 on my pc. I note on MS site that the updates worked up to May 2007, then stopped after downloading last installed update 'CAPICOM' or something like that?

Think I'm going to have to find somewhere to download the 'dial-a-fix' software from, hopefuly without the 'extras' before download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…