Widescreen monitor "stretches" original images.

bobbyalec 20 Jun 13

How do I maintain original proportions when my widescreen monitor stretches the picture? eg My wallpaper picture of a steam locomotive looks far too long!

Thanks in advance for help offered. bobbyalec

northumbria61 20 Jun 13

Try lowering the display settings. If using Windows 7 click on blank area of screen and choose screen resolution.

Woolwell 20 Jun 13

One of the drawbacks of a widescreen monitor. Monitors work best at their native resolution. Instead of choosing fill for the wallpaper select centre. This should get rid of your distortion but leave black areas either side. The alternative is to edit your photo so that it is the correct the size.

BRYNIT 20 Jun 13

Due to the picture not being wide enough it will always stretch. If you have win 7 and don't mind loosing a bit at the top and bottom of the picture, right click on the background and select personalize/desktop background/picture position and select center. You may find similar back ground setting on Xp or vista.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message