Widescreen monitor "stretches" original images.

bobbyalec 12:26 PM 20 Jun 13

How do I maintain original proportions when my widescreen monitor stretches the picture? eg My wallpaper picture of a steam locomotive looks far too long!

Thanks in advance for help offered. bobbyalec

northumbria61 12:46 PM 20 Jun 13

Try lowering the display settings. If using Windows 7 click on blank area of screen and choose screen resolution.

Woolwell 13:19 PM 20 Jun 13

One of the drawbacks of a widescreen monitor. Monitors work best at their native resolution. Instead of choosing fill for the wallpaper select centre. This should get rid of your distortion but leave black areas either side. The alternative is to edit your photo so that it is the correct the size.

BRYNIT 16:37 PM 20 Jun 13

Due to the picture not being wide enough it will always stretch. If you have win 7 and don't mind loosing a bit at the top and bottom of the picture, right click on the background and select personalize/desktop background/picture position and select center. You may find similar back ground setting on Xp or vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X