widescreen graphics card

GWJ 22:00 07 Mar 06

My darling wife has just bought me a 19inch widescreen lcd for my pc (all her own idea!)
I had planned to upgrade my graphics card anyway(naff onboard one)
The new screen would like a resolution of 1440 x 900.
Trying to get this info from the millions of graphic card out there for sale is driving me mad.
Any suggestions
Will be using it mainly for DTP/photographic stuff and some (not too demanding) games.
Graham

Seadog 23:49 07 Mar 06

For what it's worth, I prefer Nvidia cards but these days most card manufacturers using nvidia or Radeon chips seem ok. Basically you get what you pay for. I was in PC World earlier today and they had a 256Mb Radeon card (obscure make) for only £49.99 which will prove ok for most applications I would think, unless you are a "power gamer", and it will be guaranteed for a year from a company/shop that is not likely to disappear overnight. After six months it will be out of date anyway as specifications/updates change so fast these days. My advice is to go for what you can afford, and don't worry too much about the so-called widescreen effect, the cheap (but not too nasty!) Sparkle graphics card I am using at the moment will adapt to all different resolutions to fit most screens!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…