wide screen problem with photos

faulties 23:20 29 Jul 07
Answered

Hi all.

I've just bought a laptop with a wide screen and my pictures are all fat. I can't work out what's wrong.

I use a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 which I find fine for working with word and excel etc. but when I'm working with my photos they look fat!

Any help will be most appreciated.

woodchip 23:23 29 Jul 07

Use a edit Program that does not change the size view. PC how are you viewing them? As the Desktop can stretch a photo or be set to do so

2neat 23:26 29 Jul 07

My photo's look fat too.

I also seem to get this problem when looking in the mirror!

;-)

nick_j007 23:26 29 Jul 07

Hi.

Not entirely sure, but try right clicking on a blank part of the desktop, and go to properties.
Then Settings and screen resolution. Make a note of your current settings first.
Try to adjust the slider a little to see if this does the trick...maybe you are viewing everything at an enhanced magnification?

HTH,

Nick

woodchip 23:27 29 Jul 07

I think I bought my Mirror from the same place as you

Stuartli 23:36 29 Jul 07

The reason is probably due to the fact that your graphics card only supports 4:3 picture ratio; a new graphics card also supporting WXGA resolutions is likely to be the answer.

Here's a list of the various widescreen formats:

click here

faulties 23:37 29 Jul 07

I use Serif photoplus 10, I don't know if it changes the size view

They're fine on the desktop pc using the same resolution & program, that's a 19" square TFT screen.

Tried adjusting slider - no difference.

faulties 23:40 29 Jul 07

Mmmm didn't want to have to start buying new cards as it's still under warrenty.

Stuartli 23:46 29 Jul 07

Whether it's under warranty or not, it still requires the correct input...:-)

What graphics card do you have and how old is it?

Stuartli 23:48 29 Jul 07

The fact that you have a 4:3 screen ratio is the reason; it's the same for CRT monitors.

woodchip 23:50 29 Jul 07

Only thing I can think is to change view in your Edit Program to change Scale. but you would need to change it back for printing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…