Wide screen Laptop (distorted pictures)

Migwell 00:52 23 Aug 05

A relation had bought a wide screen lap top and all his pictures are stretched when viewing them on the screen. What can he do and how will he go about it to restore normal viewing please?

The computer is an Acer, Sorry don't know the model.

DieSse 01:00 23 Aug 05

It's because the resolution (number of pixels wide x number of pixels high) has been set for a standard screen rather than a wide screen.

Look up the resolution of the physical screen and set the display properties resolution to the same.

Migwell 00:00 24 Aug 05

Acer Aspire 1520 is the computer in question

DieSse 18:34 24 Aug 05

Did my suggestion do the trick?

Migwell 23:27 24 Aug 05

My relation emailed me today, this is tha e email.

I dont fully understand the bit about Physical Resolution etc but I have fiddled with the settings this morning and have set it to 1280x800 instead of 1024x768 and the phtots seem ok. The only problem is that the icons on the screen are very small plus the rest I am not keen on this sort of screen. I think I may resort to the old setting and change it when I am going to do photo work. I lookfoward to seeing if you get any more suggestions. I think I may also try and contact Acer.

Thanks again

Stuartli 23:55 24 Aug 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…