Wi-Fi Range

speedbird_zero1 14:54 04 Aug 08

I am sorry if this has already been answered but I seem to be unable to get a definative answer.
This is the problem, I sometimes have to connect to the internet whilst away from home via an open wifi network (public)
Now the signal i get from the antennae to my laptop is just about ok some of the time, a lot of time the name of the network is picked up but with such a small signal i cannot operate.
The mast is about 30 metres from where i am and cept for a smallish shrub it is line of site of my laptop. Is there any way of installing a :booster" or even a re-radiating aerial on my building to improve things?
I also have a wifi internet radio and that only works 10% of the time although it works fine at home.

It appears that every thing is down to signal strength.

Any help please, Thank you

Mike

Ditch999 15:12 04 Aug 08

A directional hi-gain aerial click here or a hi-gain wireless usb adapter click here should solve your problem

speedbird_zero1 15:13 05 Aug 08

Thank you. ordered an aerial today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…