Wi-Fi Projector over LAN

GrahamP 15:42 02 Jun 05

I'm looking at a wi-fi projector solution for powerpoint presentations etc to small audiences.
Most of the currently available models are 802.11b only which won't successfully transfer animation and even those using 802.11g warn they are not suitable for full-video.

I'm considering the following as a solution and would be grateful if anyone could comment point out possible snags.

1)Connect the projector via wire to a PC fixed in position in a cupboard say.

2)This PC is running XP Pro, is connected wirelessly to a LAN and the presentations etc are loaded on here.

3)The presenter's pc, also running XP Pro and also connected wirelessly to the LAN controls the presentation on the PC in the cupboard using Remote Desktop (not Remote Assistance)

Any comments appreciated,

Thanks.

woodchip 16:01 02 Jun 05

It may also work if you Network the computers

GrahamP 16:34 02 Jun 05

Thanks woodchip.

The two computers would be networked. The presenter's laptop would be accessing the one in the cupboard over the network using Remote Desktop. That way what the presenter sees on his/her laptop is what would be projected.

I might have misunderstood you. Is there a simpler way of doing this?

I had worries in the following areas:

1)Maximum cable distance from projector to controlling pc.

2)While I am controlling a pc via Remote Desktop can I also access the Internet on the controlled PC?

woodchip 21:57 02 Jun 05

No that's the way I would be looking at how to run it. Or on similar lines

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced