wi fi problems

crystalineentity 00:31 25 Sep 07

hi, just bought a speedtouch 580 and a wlan card for pc, the card is a atheros and it connects ok to the router with its supplied software, getting a red light on wlan sometimes falshing and sometimes not , have red some reports that its encription off so i have encripted but still same, when these 2 devices show connected ok why then can i not connect to my ISP i just get a flashing internet light green, dsl light is ok on still green...any help cheers, ps i have ordered the cd rom for the router from there site as i do not have one, maybe that will help im not sure..ta
win xp
1gb mem
nvidia 5500
athlon 2400 processor

Dipso 08:50 25 Sep 07

From the manual -

Internet Green Blinking Internet activity
Solid on Internet connectivity, no activity

Red Blinking Wireless activity, no security
Solid on No wireless activity, no security

Is the wireless AP enabled in the routers interface?

Try without any encryption temporarily until your get the connection up and running.

crystalineentity 09:49 25 Sep 07

is disabled, connection between the wlan and router is 100%..if the internet light is flashing how is it connecting as when i open ie6 i do not get a choice of the router to connect with, ethernet light is off, device manager when the usb is in shows the yellow question mark but cannot seem to find any drivers at speedtouch to find it...paz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now