wi fi printing

sunnystaines 14:00 PM 24 Apr 12

Our print/scanner is very good but its usb connected. it says it also a network printer on the side.

its a HP2575 all in one printer scanner. Does anyone if can be converted to being a wi fi printer or is it network cable only to use on a network.

KRONOS the First 14:13 PM 24 Apr 12

I don't think you have Wi-Fi. i grabbed this off the HP website.

Connectivity USB 2.0 Hi-speed : Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 Professional, Me, XP Home, and XP Professional; Mac OS X 10.2 and later.

PictBridge : Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 Professional, Me, XP Home, and XP Professional; Mac OS X 10.2 and later.

Bluetooth (optional) : Microsoft Windows XP Home and XP Professional.

Ethernet : Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 Professional, Me, XP Home, and XP Professional; Mac OS X 10.2 and later.

So it looks like Ethernet only, good luck in setting it up.My one and only HP printer was arguably my worst for setting up connectivity. After a couple of months I flung it on freecycle and went back to Epson. Simplicity itself.

sunnystaines 15:22 PM 24 Apr 12

Chronus.........thank you

T0SH 16:35 PM 24 Apr 12

If you connect your printer/scanner by ethernet to a wireless router and set it up as a network device you should be able to print from any wirelessly connected PC/Laptop that the printer driver can be installed on

Not sure about the scanner though you would need to further research

I do however remember from a very long time back Win95 days that a software named "Cuniform Nest" or something very close to this did allow use of a scanner over a network

Cheers HC

sunnystaines 07:52 AM 25 Apr 12

T0SH

good tip thank you

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites