Wi-Fi not working on any device! Help!

Hendlesberry 17:52 30 May 16

Hi all,

Just moved into a new place and the wi-fi isn't working on any device we have. Tried unplugging and waiting a while, no joy. Also tried a reset with no luck. When troubleshooting on a windows 7 computer it says 'The DNS server isn't responding' and on a windows 10 computer it says 'Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'. Not working on an iphone or samsung phone either.

It always says connected, but no internet access.

No idea what the problem is - any thoughts would be really helpful! I'm not massivly clued in tech wise, so please go step by step with anything I could try.

The router, if you need to know, is a Netgear 5.4 Mbps Wireless Access Point WG602 v4.

I figure it's got to be an issue with the internet, or modem/router itself as all the devices don't work but they do at other places.

Any thoughts or help would be really helpful!

Thanks!

Govan1x 18:15 30 May 16

TRy going into the router via the internet. If Wifi has a 2.4 and 5gh connection disable the 5ghz connection and just use the 2.4 connection.

Govan1x 18:22 30 May 16

Have you tried connecting one of the devices using an ethernet cable. A bit unclear is that the only router that you are using.

wee eddie 22:55 30 May 16

Have you set up your new address with your ISP?

Secret-Squirrel 10:04 31 May 16

The router, if you need to know, is a Netgear 5.4 Mbps Wireless Access Point WG602...

That's not a router - it's an access point only. That device alone will never give you an Internet connection. To get an Internet connection you'll need a cable router or modem/router. The Netgear you describe can then by connected to it to give a wireless connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…