Wi-Fi networks at motorway services. how to logon

trickydicky 16:26 16 Oct 05

There are Wi-Fi networks at motorway services, so how do you connect to them and can you access the internet from them, and where do you stand legally with using them

Forum Editor 17:11 16 Oct 05

you'll be able to buy time on them - just ask someone who works there. You'll then be provided with a WEP key and login details, so you can access the internet via your laptop or wireless-enabled PDA.

I confess that although I drive a lot I try to avoid motorway service stations, but I have used wireless hotspots in airports - they work very well.

Don't try to access a wireless network that isn't available for public use - it's an offence to do so.

Gaz 25 01:28 19 Oct 05

"Don't try to access a wireless network that isn't available for public use - it's an offence to do so."

Although WEP is bad nativly (which makes it tempting) - and some hotspots might only use a dinky router... There will always be one that has a Cisco Badge and some serious logging - MAC address / Hostname, etc will all be logged - and this can be tracked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…