wi fi networking question

mrwoo 12:24 10 Feb 05

I am going to buy a router to share my telewest cable broadband connection. Anyone got tips for best routers or ones to avoid,if any? I also want to network my printer (standard USB connection) is there such a thing as a wireless USB adapter that will link to the router or will I need to use a PC as a print server?

Thanks

toni b 13:30 10 Feb 05

You can buy a wireless router with a print server click here.

LeadingMNMs 13:36 10 Feb 05

You could have a look at the routers click here They have customer reviews which might help you, though I can't recommend any.

I've not seen a USB device like you suggest, but you can get wireless print servers click here, although these tend to be rather expensive for what they do. The easier option would be to just use a standard USB interface with a connection via a computer, or if your printer has an ethernet port, then it could be hard wired to the router (assuming there close together - otherwise it defeats the object of wireless).

mrwoo 17:51 10 Feb 05

Thanks for the info fellas, I'll check it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…