wi fi laptop. do I still need to buy an adapter

langer 15:30 06 Aug 07

I've recently bought a laptop with windows vista. The laptop is Wi-fi enabled. Do I still need to buy a network apapter for my laptop or is there one already built in. If there is an apapter built in, how do I access the internet through mu netgear wireless router.

T0SH 15:51 06 Aug 07

Check the laptop manual on how to turn on the
Wi-Fi often there is a switch on the side or or top beside the keyboard however some use the Fn key plus one other key as a toggle, normally when you turn on Wi-Fi a light will come on most of the ones I have seen were red or blue in colour,
once the Wi-Fi is enabled you will see a pop up bubble from the system tray beside the clock saying wireless networks are available clicking on the bubble should pop up a screen showing them

Cheers HC

Technotiger 15:55 06 Aug 07

Assuming you are already using your router to connect your pc to internet - you need to run the Network Setup Wizard on both your PC and Laptop. You don't need to buy an adapter for your laptop.
You might need to enable your laptop, check your user manual.

langer 21:07 06 Aug 07

thanks very much. excellent advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…