WI FI Internet Access problem

BTN 09:26 08 Jan 07

Grateful for any ehlp with this problem-
I have been using a Belkin router to get wireless internet access for the past 18 months with no problems. However last few days I cant access the internet - when clicking on explorer it comes up cannot access internet, check web page address etc. Checked the router and all the rights LED's are on, also the PC states it is connected to the router. As a further check I hardwired the PC into the telephone line and it worked ok (but only when Norton Internet Security is switched off). Tried switching Norton off with the router but the problem still persists. I am totally stumped as to what to do.
many thanks - Btn

brundle 09:29 08 Jan 07

Switch off PC and router, switch router on after a minute or so give it a couple of minutes to establish a net connection, switch on PC, try internet.

rosierd 09:29 08 Jan 07

Have you tried a hard-reset by pressing the little button on the back with reset stated above it by holding that in for 30 seconds, then unplug your modem etc. and then plug in your modem after a minute say then plug in your router, let that power up and it should work

BTN 09:04 09 Jan 07

Many thanks for the advice - tried it out but to no avail. When I start the router the internet LED does not come on - only comes on when you start the PC up??
Thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…