Wi-Fi extenders recommendation please

Doberman 10:16 AM 26 Oct 12

I get a poor wifi signal in my conservatory and upstairs.Do wi-fi extenders work and can anyone recommend a suitable one.At the moment I have a standard router from Virgin Media sited next to my computer and connected to it by ethernet cable.

Nontek 10:51 AM 26 Oct 12

HomeplugsI use these, initially two plugs are needed. They are great!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:40 AM 26 Oct 12

Agree homeplugs work really well but if you really need wifi I coupled and old router to a homeplug to achieve the desired effect so get the best of both worlds.

Muergo 11:57 AM 27 Oct 12

Your router should have two ethernet outlet sockets, one to feed the computer next to it and the other for ethernet cable to the Homeplug in a nearby mains socket.

I've been using a Devolo 500 and ittransmits perfectly to other end of house even though it's not on the same ring circuit. But you must have both ring circuits coming from same consumer unit, if your conservatory is fed by a totally stand alone supply then you MAY have a problem but probably not.

Maplin have a special cheap offer at the moment, you could always take them back there if they don't work.

onthelimit1 21:19 PM 27 Oct 12

I'd go for this setup Homeplugs with wireless.

Doberman 08:22 AM 28 Oct 12

Thanks to all responders.Will try all suggestions.Many thanks

thanh 12:34 PM 28 Oct 12
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay