Wi-Fi coverage issue solved using second router as a repeater?

jimity 18 Aug 12

Hi Guys,

I have a zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 router. The problem is it doesn't give full wireless coverage in my home. I do have a second zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3, and I was hoping this could be used a wireless repeater enabling full coverage. Can you please advise the steps and settings to achieve this thanks

KRONOS the First 18 Aug 12

You can certainly use your second router as a bridge, this gives you a rough idea as to what's involved and this is your manual.

Taff™ 19 Aug 12

That should work but if not I would recommend powerline adapters. Last week a friend of mine who lives in a 17th century stone walled cottage reported continuing problems with a wireless signal from a new router. A couple of TP-Link powerline adapters (£50 starter kit from Maplins) and 1 minute later we had a 500 MBs link direct to the router. Painless.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message