wi fi antenna

trish1997 11:00 21 Aug 13

I have installed a wi fi booster aerial called a rocket high power outdoor usb adaptor and now it has disabled my inbuilt wi fi finder on my laptop. I have tried uninstalling the antenna but the inbuilt one still wouldnt work now I can only get wi fi on my machine if I plug in the antenna which is a bit inconvenient, any help on this please? Trish

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:18 21 Aug 13

make / model of laptop? op system?

look in device manager to see if the wireless network card is disabled (red exclamation mark).

Does the wireless card need to be switched on via a switch or key combination on your laptop?

trish1997 12:25 21 Aug 13

ITs a laptop lenovo ideapad Z370 windows 7. Wireless needs to be switched on at the front of the machine but it is always switched on anyway. I will have a lock at the other suggestion you made, Thanks

trish1997 12:33 21 Aug 13

Cant see any wireless network card listed only Atheros AR9285 adaptor realtek family controller Realtek RTL8187L wireless usb network adaptor

as well as other similar things listed but no wireless network card

woodchip 14:23 21 Aug 13

I think it as made changes to your BB router settings, you need to check out the wireless settings in the router, or you could try going the Start\Settings\Networking double click on wireless then see if it will let you connect you may need to create a new connection.

PS also try "right click" on WiFi icon near clock and then press repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…