Wi 7 Anit-spyware removal

Jonah(without the whale) 08:58 04 Mar 11

My laptop was infected with the rogue Win 7 Anti-spyware, and started producing fake alerts all over the place.
I have used Malwarebytes to detect any infection, and the first time scan it found 2 which I deleted but did not delete from quarantine. When the machine restarted, Win 7 was back. I scanned again and this time 5 infections were found. I deleted them and then from quarantine as well. Unfortunately I had to leave for work then, so I have closed my machine down and do not know what will happen when I restart - have I done enough? is my question. And if I haven't, what else do I need to do.
BTW - running Windows 7 on a Toshiba laptop.
-
Incidentally the way i which it became infected was (I think) on clicking on a link or picture, I received a (think it ws fake) Java update tab that would not close down unless I clicked on YES - thus I invited the infection into the machine, I suspect.
Cheers

Jonah(without the whale) 09:00 04 Mar 11

Sorry folks - thats the correct name

birdface 09:48 04 Mar 11

maybe try this .

To remove false security programs

1. Turn off computer ,then turn on and start tapping F8
2. When the Advanced startup options appear Select Safe mode With Networking
3. Open internet explorer goto google.com ,download Hitman pro "32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Os"
4. Run Hitman pro ,let this scan the computer
5. Activate Free Licence
6. Reboot Pc

Infection Removed..!

birdface 09:51 04 Mar 11

if the first one does not work try this one.

click here

birdface 09:53 04 Mar 11

Should have added you have to scroll down to this on bleepingcomputers.

Automated Removal Instructions for XP Internet Security, Vista Antimalware 2011, and Win 7 Antispyware 2011 using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Then follow the instruction .

Jonah(without the whale) 10:57 04 Mar 11

Thanks for this Buteman.
I have alreasdy run Malwarebytes twice - this is because after the first time I did not delete anything from the quarantine, so that when I followed the instructions to re-start, when the laptop restarted the spyware appeared again.
I have run MWbytes again, deleted what was quarantined and then had to turn off the laptop and go to work. I am still at work and so can do no more at the moment. However,the bleeping instructions appea to be telling me to do a few other things as well as run MWbytes, so do you think I have done enough?
Cheers

Sea Urchin 11:09 04 Mar 11

No - you should follow the complete process through on the Bleeping Computer site - including downloading a clean version of Malwarebytes when advised, as your existing program may well have been corrupted by the virus

Jonah(without the whale) 14:14 04 Mar 11

Thanks for the guidance - always appreciated.

There's always another question!

Should I uninstall the current version of malwarebytes first?

Sea Urchin 16:20 04 Mar 11

I would think best to do so

Jonah(without the whale) 20:29 04 Mar 11

Hi folks
Thanks for help - I did not need to do anything, but I did.
I left this monring with miscreante objects deleted from quaratine, so I set about the task of follwong instructions here from the top down, but I started the laptop expcting to find the Win 7 in place, but the machine seems to be free of it. So, I uninstalled Malwarebytes and re-installed it, than scanned the whole machine. All appears OK.
I have, however, printed all this help and will keep it in case of problems in the future.
Once again, thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now