why wont this webpage load up?

theDarkness 16:42 08 Feb 11

I am using rainmeter click here to change the look of xp, and some users that create themes or gadgets for it frequenty use filesonic to upload them for people to use, eg for a calendar the link is click here and for a clock the link is click here

I have tried all my browsers, and even turned my firewalls and protection off temporarily in a test, but no filesonic links work on the desktop - whats the most likely reason? I have tried the laptop here too, which uses the same protection and browser (comodo/firefox), and it doesnt seem to have a problem. It is only the desktop that hangs, but no other websites have this problem on the desktop (other browsers are the same for the same filesonic site-I get a blank screen and "waiting for filesonic"). Whats the most likely reason/solution for it not working on the desktop? The website has not been added to comodo as one to not allow contact with, so Im not sure how to fix it?

theDarkness 14:35 09 Feb 11

update-Ive just found out that some of these filesonic website are blocked by O2 and TT, could that be the problem? Most complaining are stating that the site goes "in a loop" and they cant download, but I cant even get its main page to load.
If I google up "filesonic" and click to see the main page (or googles cache version) I cant connect.. all I get is a 'waiting for filesonic' message in the taskbar and either a white screen or no change (I still see my google results). I dont understand as to why the desktop has problems with this single site and the laptop does not, even when they are both using the router

theDarkness 14:56 09 Feb 11

last ever bump ! edit:- I got a "do you want to allow xx.xx.xx.xx (some random ip) from comodo, and when I clicked allow the browser loading bar started moving on that website, but I still got a white screen in the end, so I think with the computer its a comodo firewall problem (although not strictly a "problem" if its protecting me). Ill try and find out how to reset or delete my comodo preferences to see if it then works. aargh!

theDarkness 16:36 09 Feb 11

I found some articles on the "great firewall of britain", and it would seem most providers are now part of that, which include banning users from using free upload websites that could still be used for legit purposes-so Ive no idea as to why one worked yesterday through the router on a laptop! thanks-tried that, and strangely enough the site is now showing up on the desktop via the router on the desktop (unlike yesterday) although its not letting any downloads through, which means its back to normal regarding this great wall, lol. If anyone was sharing questionable material then I wouldve thought they would be using a cleverer way to do it rather than through some free upload site-blocking everyones access seems like a lazy way to stop the situation, but then most telephone companies probably want you to download as little as possible anyway, regardless of what that may be.

I did manage to download a free gadget for rainmeter from that website the other day (on the router via a laptop) but if wasnt being blocked then that must have been the telephone companies own system playing up, if its now part of this protection act. If I try connecting to the net straight to the landline (not using the router) on the desktop, Im still getting the "waiting" message and blank screen, so could this simply be the telephone companies (TT) ban? Since the site works now via router on the desktop then Ill assume that the firewall isnt blocking its IP after all, but as a last resort I could reinstall comodo-doubt ill get very far with that though! thanks

theDarkness 17:18 09 Feb 11

Ive just uninstalled comodo, and the website is working on the desktop without the router... but-the laptop that can connect ok via the router actually uses comodo too! Slightly confusing too is the fact that a reinstallation on the desktop of comodo gives me a white screen again. I can only assume that comodo has reverted back to setting that were on the previous installation? The only solution for the desktop would seem to be to avoid comodo altogether if I cant simply set it to allow a website-not that it matter much since its a banned "great firewall of great britain" website [tm] lol

theDarkness 17:26 09 Feb 11

Ive just uninstalled comodo, and the website is working on the desktop without the router... but-the laptop that can connect ok via the router actually uses comodo too! Slightly confusing too is the fact that a reinstallation on the desktop of comodo gives me a white screen again. I can only assume that comodo has reverted back to setting that were on the previous installation? The only solution for the desktop would seem to be to avoid comodo altogether if I cant simply set it to allow a website-not that it matter much since its a banned "great firewall of great britain" website [tm] lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…