Why won't webcam uninstall?

katswhiskers 12:17 17 Apr 05

I tried to install Philips ToUcam Pro Webcam on new laptop with the CD, but it was not compatible with XP. Philips website said to download drivers - which I did. It half worked -I could not access all features. Got sound initially, but then lost that.

Decided to uninstal, went to Add/remove progs. there was no sign of it there, so I clicked on uninstall in Device Manager and it looked as if it was uninstalling, but no. Still there after 3 attempts.

Tried 'uninstall software', but that could not even detect it, even tho the cam half works! If I do a search of files, various webcam files are shown.

How do I get rid of it? Will it be OK to install another make of webcam if I leave the ToUcam there?

Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 13:32 17 Apr 05

depending on which version cam you have it might come with it's own uninstaller in which case re install and then try removing, i should add i have toucam and xp pro with no probs;))

johnny.

Technotiger 14:17 17 Apr 05

Hi again - if it does not have it's own uninstaller, you can delete the webcam items you find in Search - just highlight the items in Search and then press your Delete key, or do a right-click and then delete. Sorry if I am telling you to 'suck-eggs'.

btw - did you look at my suggestion in your other Post? about Novatech.

Cheers.

Technotiger 14:18 17 Apr 05

ps - best to get rid of 'old' webcam stuff before installing new.

katswhiskers 15:15 17 Apr 05

johnnyrocker - Mine is ToUcam Pro PCVC740K version 1.0. I bought it 3 years ago. I think the problem is that I did not install 'anything' from the CD, cos it would not - button greyed out. I downloaded the driver. Guess that's why I only have half of it.

I don't suppose it's any good downloading the driver again? Maybe my only option is to delete the items as technotiger says?

Technotiger - no, you ain't telling me to 'suck eggs' I'm not a whizzkid on PC's! I welcome the most basic advice.

Technotiger 15:19 17 Apr 05

I guess you could delete as stated, and then re-install the downloaded driver - probably best, if you are going to try that route, is to re-download, then install.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…