Why won't USB controller work with games?

poodle1977 12:04 25 Dec 09

Hi.
I bought my sons a laptop each for Christmas with games and a USB controller each.
The problem is that the controllers work when I run a test in windows but not during gameplay. Nothing happens at all. I assume I must be overlooking something really obvious but I just have no idea what.
By the way, I have no technical knowledge whatsoever so go easy on me ;)

Graphicool1 13:14 25 Dec 09

This is the 'Helproom' for general questions. Tou need someone who knows, to tell you how to configure your USB joystick. The above link will take you to the 'Games Forum'

Graphicool1 13:17 25 Dec 09

click here
Scroll down to the 'Forum' and ask your question again.

Graphicool1 13:32 25 Dec 09

Hey, Spooky or what? I don't know how that just happened! But my two previous responses should be the other way round. Believe me I'm not trying to confuse you. I've sent an email to the 'Forum Editor' (FE) perhaps he can sort it out.

Sorry about that, still at least the link still works and as such still valid. Please take the link and re-ask your question in the 'Games Forum' perhaps I need a lay down. ¦¬]zzzzz

james105051 13:33 25 Dec 09

You will have to look in "Settings" or similar in the game. From there you will see an option to choose the controller you want to use i.e Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick/Game Controller and so on.

bremner 15:14 25 Dec 09

Been happening for weeks

poodle1977 16:02 25 Dec 09

woodchip 20:02 25 Dec 09

You not only need to setup configure your USB joystick in Control Panel, but also in Game Preferences

woodchip 20:04 25 Dec 09

In other words you need to tell the game what you are using, Keyboard or Control Stick, Mouse etc. This you should find in settings within the Game after loading it and running the setup for Game

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…