Why wont pdf files download?

Springheel 10:02 27 Oct 04

I have been onto a website this morning and have tried to download a pdf file. It tells me that it is downloading but then all I get is an icon a square box with a red square, blue triangle and a green circle in the top corner. Why is this. I am running 256 braodband from blueyonder.

Wak 10:22 27 Oct 04

Hi, Adobe, which as you know reads PDF files, installs files into Internet explorer so that it can read direct from web sites.
Unfortunately, whenever you update or replace I.E. this cancels the implanted files of Adobe and the PDF files cannot therefore be read.
If you have altered I.E. in any way you must re-install Adobe so that the necessary files can be replaced within I.E.

Springheel 10:28 27 Oct 04

Hi I have not altered IE as far as I know. I have been onto add/remove programes and clicked on repair on Adobe but it has not made a difference.

geeza 10:41 27 Oct 04

try right click and save target as. You should then be able to open the saved file.

djwheeler 10:50 27 Oct 04

Could try changing the preferences in Adobe so that it displays the PDF within the browser, its under Preferences and Internet.

djwheeler 10:53 27 Oct 04

Could try changing the preferences in Adobe so that it displays the PDF within the browser, its under Preferences and Internet.

Springheel 12:41 27 Oct 04

I have now uninstalled adobe and reinstalled it and I can see the files now. thanks to everyone for their responses and help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac