Why Wont My PDFs Open

The Paul 23:21 22 Jan 05

I've just made a few minor changes to PDF docs on my site (which opened perfectly well a few days ago) and now wont open. The links appear to work fine as the address bar shows and I've checked them from within Dreamweaver which shows all to be well.

Am I missing something - Please

click here

Forum Editor 07:32 23 Jan 05

they're fine. I wonder if you had forgotten to refresh your browser? If the previous page versions had been cached you would have been trying to load the documents from invalid links perhaps?

In any event, I've checked them all, and everything's OK.

The Paul 09:50 23 Jan 05

Ive tried clearing the cache but it still seems to show an error. Atleats my millions of customers can get access to them.

Thanks for that. Hows things with you over there.

Forum Editor 10:57 23 Jan 05

Missing you of course, but we're bearing up. How's the new business going - is the site helping, or is it too early to know?

The Paul 12:27 23 Jan 05

I've refreshed, deleted cookies and off line files etc and still I cannot get the PDF's up. Is there some setting in IE Vers6 that I might need to tweek.

The Paul 14:12 23 Jan 05

Cheers for that - its fixed now.

Did you get the PDF's?

The Paul 18:19 23 Jan 05

It downloaded okay - forum member - but it did from my site too. Its just opening it online seems to be the problem. Does this make it the browser. I'm not certain which IE version I have but I have assumed it is Ver 6.

The Paul 21:29 24 Jan 05

I'll do this and let you know.Thanks for your time. Hope the walk was good. We have major snow forecast over here for the next 4 days. So time to work on getting this sorted out.

The Paul 21:35 24 Jan 05

I've just tested the PDF links again - purely for the sake of trying it. GUESS WHAT - the flippin things all open the download window.

Not sure why this is - but lets not break it if its working.

Guys (without gender) - thanks for you time and effort. Much appreciated - as always.

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…