Why will IP address not work with Zonealarm

Nessie 23:09 18 Jun 04

I have zone alaem on my host pc and my laptop connects through that to the internet. It will work when internet Protocol properties is set to Obtain an Ip address automatically. If I then go and insert ip address 192.168.0.2, sub net 255.255.255.0 and Default gateway 192.168.0.1 the ip of the host it will not work. I have gone into Zonealarm, firewall and zones and added 192.168.0.2 into the trusted section with no luck. As soon as i try to connect on the laptop it immediatly tries to use the dail up and not the host. What am I dong wrong. Thanks

Epocs 23:14 18 Jun 04

Have you tried changing the settings in your laptop in Internet Explorer Tools -> Settings -> Connections to 'Never Dial A Connection'. This would rule out any problems with your laptop as it will show it cannot get internet access at all. Also perhaps try shutting down Zone Alarm to confirm this is the problem.

Nessie 23:27 18 Jun 04

If I turn off zonalarm it still does not work so can not be that. When i have selected never dail a connection the lap top just comes up with "The page can not be displayed"

Nessie 23:41 18 Jun 04

Definetly not zonealarm. Why is the ip adress not working. It is a simole crossover system gh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…