Why will IE7 not log onto Favourites

wee eddie 00:07 26 Nov 06

or follow internal links, most of the time?

I can't even get into Hotmail, and I don't know how many times I've tried to post this Thread.

wee eddie 00:12 26 Nov 06

XP, Spybot, Adaware, CCleaner, AVG, AVG Anti Spy and Zone Alarm.

I was fine with IE6 and with IE7 for the first couple of days.

€dstowe 06:40 26 Nov 06

Have you tried to revert to IE 6 and then forget about the later version - it does seem to cause some people a lot of problems?

Alternatively, try using another browser, there are a number of them around all keen for you to use them.

MIke 08:08 26 Nov 06

I'm getting quite a few problems with IE7 not following links....get a blank page telling me I might not be connected to internet etc. Sometimes going back and trying again allows me to view the page I was linking to.

I generally use Firefox which doesn't give me any problems like that at all, so perhaps that might be the answer for you too.

MIke

Andsome 08:14 26 Nov 06

No trouble with IE 7 at all here.

wee eddie 09:12 26 Nov 06

M$ - Shot it's self in the foot it appears. but maybe it'll settle down with time.

Steve- 09:19 26 Nov 06

Im also having the problem of IE7 sometimes not following links, not enough to change back to 6 but somewhat annoying.

anskyber 10:33 26 Nov 06

You could try this. click here

wee eddie 13:33 26 Nov 06

As someone who is only marginally proficient in dealing with software problems, I think I shall wait until some more folk have tried this as a solution and overcome any glitches that follow.

MIke 19:47 26 Nov 06

I actually HAD to reset Internet Explorer settings as per Anskeyber's link when I originally installed IE7 to actually get it to work properly at all. It was taking absolutely ages to open sites that FF openes immeadiately, and I was also getting gibberish on a few sites You knowe the sort of stuff ( E.G. FR^&(IU44(*&)

by the pageful. This has now settled down though occasionally I still get such rubbish. ~It didn't stop the dead links though, hence my preference for Firefox which I've now been using for about 12 months without major problem.

wee eddie 23:41 26 Nov 06

The last 48 hours have been dire but over the last 12 hours the problem appears to have been receding.

Not back to normal yet but dropouts have been reduced. I really don't understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…