Why the Web is slow tonight

VoG II 22:26 25 Nov 03

Is because of a denial of service attack on zonelabs.com (the makers of Zone Alarm). Here is an extract from Blueyonder status page:

"After investigation we have found this problem is affecting other ISP's and not just blueyonder. We have found a possible issue and as a result we have temporarily ceased DNS lookups to click here as well as lockup.zonelabs.com. Customers will be unable to access these sites until further notice.

Access to blueyonder service such as Selfcare, Webmail and Email has greatly improved. However, access may still be slow and intermittent. Further investigation will take place throughout tonight.

Please be advised one again that this issue is affecting other ISP's worldwide and not just blueyonder."

Shanks69 22:29 25 Nov 03

Copywrite

VoG II 22:31 25 Nov 03

Ah but you mis-spelled copyright. I hereby claim my £10.

dazzling (work) 22:34 25 Nov 03

i thought it was because we were all tired.

AndyJ 22:36 25 Nov 03

I can't spell Kopee-rite...can I have £15 ???

Laser157 22:38 25 Nov 03

My domain is with Easyspace. The e.mail service has stopped. On the support page it says there is a major fault on the transatlantic internet spine, which started at 4pm today.

dazzling (work) 22:40 25 Nov 03

on a more serious note havent noticed any problems on freesrve or supanet.

powerless 22:42 25 Nov 03

Hope they've got a firewall running, not that'll make much differnce.

Laser157 22:43 25 Nov 03

Tiscali Broadband and also working fine. YES it does, in spite of what some people say!

christmascracker 22:43 25 Nov 03

What exactly is a "denial of service attack" ?

Raquelmanny 00:20 26 Nov 03

I'm on freeserve and have noticed a problem. Been a pain tonight cant seem to access anything!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…