Why Update XP

woodchip 20:49 24 Jul 04

Can someone explain to me why I should bother with all the windows updates, if it was a car it would never get out of the garage door. I do not use IE or Outlook Express, I am not on a network I am not on BB so it’s switched of When done with. I have full XP disc plus a Manufacturers Restore disc, also got a True Image backup nothing on the computer to steal any thing important goes on to CD’s I have Firewall and AV plus spy-ware protection of several flavours. So can you explain in simple terms why all the hassle with all the security updates

howard60 20:55 24 Jul 04

you appear to be in the happy position of not needing to update and if it works ok stay as you are. I will certainly be waiting a few months to see what problems others are having.

son-of-a-gun 21:25 24 Jul 04

I Agree

woodchip 21:26 24 Jul 04

That's my very thoughts, I could understand it if it was for buisness but its just personal comp used by me and daughter

flyingpeterpan 21:45 24 Jul 04

I totally agree with you,haven't you noticed that after you install one critical update, you have to install another one to cure the problem because you have installed the 1st one.I already seen some applications and games(even newish ones)wouldn't work under SP2.

nyleridedog 21:51 24 Jul 04

you have to update windows becuase its like a tea bag....full of holes!

jonnytub 21:58 24 Jul 04

friend of mine using a dodgy copy of xp pro, he found that v5 of windows update detects the dodgy key, so what did he do? googled for "v4" and got all the updates anyway, what's the point?

woodchip 21:58 24 Jul 04

It's a bit like that Add on TV with the AA man sitting next to you in the car, and back springs broken with the tools and spare part it's carrying. What a machine, Fitting wheels as it’s going on the motorway to Blackpool.

Where is all the Opposition to what I said above.

jonnytub 22:00 24 Jul 04

wer'e all ms bashers at heart;-)

woodchip 22:01 24 Jul 04

Come on you lot out there, with some strong reasons Why I should Update.

woodchip 22:10 24 Jul 04

It's not just that, But I am only on Dial-Up. And if I bought anything from a Shop or elsewhere that needed so many repairs what do you think Office of fair trading would say about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now